- The currency of Jordan is the Jordanian Dinar. The value of the dinar is effectively fixed at the rate of .71 JD to 1 USD, Credit cards are widely used in Jordan.
- Service charges that have been included on your bill go to the restaurant, not the waiter. Be sure to tip the servers 10% in addition by handing it to them directly.
- Dress respectfully with modesty in mind. This means opting for shorts or skirts that touch the knee, high necklines and keeping shoulders covered.
- The easiest way to get around in Jordan is to use the plentiful taxis. Most taxis have meters if you are in Amman you can depend on this.
- Arabic is the official language, English is widely used as second language.
- Try “Humos” and “Falfal”, a traditional Jordanian breakfast or dinner dish.
- Try Mansaf, the main Jordanian traditional meat dish.
- Visit the amazing ancient rose-red city of Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World “UNESCO World Heritage Site”
- See the beautiful architecture of obelisks, temples, sacrificial altars and colonnaded streets of the ruined Roman city.
- Explore Aqaba’s stunning sea life.
- Spend a night camping at the inspiring natural beauty of Wadi Rum watching stunning stars.
- visit Jerash, the ancient city is reminiscent of the Roman Empire.
- Climb the mountain to see High Place of Sacrifice Petra
- Visit Mount Nebo, the memorial of Moses.
- Early Christian mosaics at Madaba.
- Float in the salty Dead Sea.
Everything went as we planned! The people of Aqabafriends were very helpful & friendly. The package we choose included a lot of activities, we enjoyed every minute. I definitely recommend AqabaFriends for safe and organized vacations.Annaabcr
Very glad I booked a tour with them, they made visiting Jordan very easy and comfortable. They picked us up directly from the border and were so kind to take us back at the end of the trip. Also spent two amazing days in Petra! I can't wait to go back and book another tour to visit more of the country! definitely recommended!Ester T
I loved Jordan!! And Aqaba friends was a great surprise. I really love all the time that I spend in Jordan. All guides was adorable, and all the places are amazing. Really good experience!! The places that I visited were Petra, Ayla Oasis private beach, Dead Sea, Mount Nebo, Wadi Rum Desert, Wadi Rum Camping. I did diving with Aqaba Dives Pro. All the trip was perfect. Thank you Abd and all you team. I see you next time!!luanalobao
Very nice experience! I surely recommend to everyone! People was friendly and help us so much for everything we want to. We had also a wonderful time when we drived us due to the fact that we learnt a variety of different information about Jordanian life and the way of thinking there. I decide to travel again with the help of these guys in few months because we didn't stop to have fun and also be safe!Δέσποινα Τ